As 2017 gets closer (holy cow it’s tomorrow!) I’m having SUPER good feelings about it! I’m feeling really good about the progress I made this year. Wow, what have I done?
The major milestones are:
- Solidified my identity as “Hello Holly Design”
- Kept up with social media as such (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Joined and Uploaded designs on those make your own stuff sites (Society6, Design by Humans, Zazzle)
- Joined UpWork and made a bit of money with clients (so far around $800)Developed a semi-consistent schedule of working from 8AM – 4PM and sometimes 7PM – 11PM
- Made some really good contacts
- Started posting here and on WordPress
- Updated my portfolio often to where now it looks pretty dang good.
- Developed a comic identity with me and my little spider friends
I’m feeling really confident about carrying over my progress into the new year.
In 2017 I’ll be focusing on:
- Developing a followingConnecting with other artists
- Making a Video Blog
- Bringing in at least $2,000/Mo on Upwork
- Developing my skills as a Brand Identity Designer
- Design different “Series” projects for the design it yourself sites (I’ve written down quite a few ideas, but haven’t gotten around to actually designing them)
- Stay consistent with updates on Patreon, WordPress, and Twitter
Good things are in store for 2017! I feel like it’s going to be my “launch” year for me as a designer! Woot woot!