Why I’m usually up at 3AM in no particular order:
- Someone is Snoring Loudly
- Cats. Cats are being loud.
- I’m thirsty.
- I had a weird dream and now I need to look something up
- I had a night terror and woke up screaming.
- I read somewhere waking up at 3AM is the perfect brain frequency for working on creative projects.
- I was born at around 3AM, so now I feel like it’s a “lucky” time for me.
So, what do I do with this time?
I use this as “extra” time. I can do whatever I want! If I want to draw, I draw. If I want to play a game, I game out. I exercise, do yoga, write, read about spiders. Whatever I want to do.
Sure, I could probably use it to work or do something “productive”, but I noticed when I try to do that, I get sleepy very, very fast. I need this time to be pressure free.
And that’s what works for me. Anyone else have this weird internal alarm clock thing happen to them?